Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I made this money, you didn't, right Ted?

So I went a little slap happy the other night and serenaded my husband with the bb version of "My Prerogative." (As if I really have to make a distinction--I never even heard the britney version, probably because I'm from the street.)

I did a lyrics search so I could cyber serenade him today and realized that I've completely botched the lyrics for over a decade. My lyrics are really dumb, too:

"Don't get me wrong, I'm really not (unintelligible mumbling--sounds kinda like deuce)
Eagle treats is not my thaaaang
All those strange a-wastin' chips
Really gets me down.
I see nothing wrong with spreading myself around."

I had this image in my head of Bobby at some sad party where the only available refreshments were Shasta and Eagle Cheesey Poofs. He was looking sadly at the bowl of eagle snacks, sad because they would never reach their destiny of passing through the digestive tract of a party-goer. (Hence "a-wastin'").

What other songs might I be butchering for decades to come? This world is a trip. I don't know what's goin' on around here, I've got these people talkin' about me, these people...

We outta here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home