Sunday, March 26, 2006

Welcome to PassiveAggressiveVille, population YOU!

It's not PMS. I don't know what it is, but I've felt moody this weekend. Last night, I put clean sheets on the bed. Clean sheets thanks to my husband who stripped the bed, washed the sheets, folded them, and placed them neatly on the bed.

I was tired and cranky and had some negative feelings toward my husband and I didn't feel like putting his pillow cases on his pillows. I hate putting pillow cases on pillows. Just like I hate putting the silverware away. But wouldn't it have been nicer to put the pillowcases on my husband's pillows? Clearly.

The negative feelings toward my husband had been brewing all day. I felt like he was acting moodily toward me while we were cleaning the house. At two separate points, I thought enough of it to ask him if there was something bothering him. I got the trademarked short "no." Seriously, if he were someone I was dating rather than my husband, I would have gotten the "wow, he's totally dumping my ass this week" vibe.

He came to bed around 1 AM, two hours after I turned in. He rassled with the pillowcases in the dark, throwing them down hard enough that it roused me from my deep sleep.

When did I hop the fast train to passive-aggressive-ville? More importantly, how do I get off?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home